needs to change.
I’m getting restless again.
I don’t know what it is but I feel like there is something I should be doing. I feel like there is more to my life than this, than what I’m doing right now. I want more, and I’m itching to get out there and grab it.
I’m not one for staying in one place for long periods of time. I don’t like it. I feel like I need to get out, start over, do something different for a change…..
do you ever get that feeling? the restless, get up and go, run until you can’t run anymore, feeling. the one that pulls and tugs at you until you can’t ignore it anymore?
I think I’ve been ignoring this feeling for too long. It keeps coming back, stronger and more insistant. Things are about to change. soon.
“There are no rules and regulations for perfect composition. If there were we would be able to put all the information into a computer and would come out with a masterpiece. We know that’s impossible. You have to compose by the seat of your pants.” ~ Aronld Newman
I’m working on my Photography homework today, and this is a quote that was on the Course Website. I like it. I think its true. Oh and I love quotes:)
They’re just so interesting! no wonder I like cultural anthropology, linguistics, and world history so much. people just fascinate the heck out of me!
weird? eh, whatever its almost 1 A.M. I reserve the right to be a little wonky ;)
So I’m finally posting this: there are so many other things that I want to do but I’ve kind of narrowed the list down to 101 for the sake of the experiment ( p.s. I will most likely end up adding on, thats just what I do… ha) and thanks so much to Devin for actually being the first one to do this ( that I know of anyway, I actually liked all of his goals and some of them I’ve been wanting to do myself sooo… reblog. not really but I did take a few of the goals for myself:) )
anyway enough rambling:
1) become a vegan
2) finish college: with a major in photojournalism and minors in theater and music ( pos. fitness)
3) learn how to speak french fluently, as well as italian
4) Take pictures every day. - currently becoming my life.
5) Learn more about Finances.
6) Practice the guitar and piano every day!
7) get an internship at BoxEight and/or Fearless
8) Stop using fake sugar, and cut out processed foods
9) go for a run every morning, no matter how tired I am or how cold it is
10) compliment someone every day
11) Discover new music every week
12) Discover a new photographer, designer, and artist every week
13) Get a Pen Pal :) - currently in progress. 14) Write every single day. - I’ve started.
15) Backpack across Europe
16) Go on an outward bound adventure
17) Be a camp counselor for a summer
18) Ride every single ride at magic mountain in one day
19) Create a Flickaday account
20) Create an inspiration board
21) Take an art class
22) Join a gym…. AGAIN.
23) Explore Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
24) Go on little mini adventures around southern california
25) Write down thoughts and inspirations that I have
26) People watch more often
27) Talk to strangers more often.
28) Take dance classes
29) Get into an acting class in L.A.
30) Watch a new foreign film every week
31) Create a LAST FM Account
32) Go to Venice Beach
33) be brave enough to wear a bikini on the beach without any sort of cover up ( shirt etc)
34) Go on a cross country roadtrip in an old VW Van
35) Give more hugs
36) Go to concerts and actually talk to all of the bands that perform - I actually do this.
37) Get an apartment or a loft, or some sort of studio thing…
38) Rock Climb… on actual rocks, not in a gym!
39) Start a Flickr account for serious photography - I did start an account.
40) Smile more… and laugh more
41) Turn negative thougts into positive thoughts
42) Don’t allow my thoughts to keep me from doing something
43) Get an agent
44) Get a Macbook
45) Buy a DSLR Camera - done. and now I want more:) 46) Find an alcoholic drink that I actually LIKE - I still hate alcohol, but I did indeed find a drink that I can stomach.
47) Ride 10 different ferris wheels
48) Get my pilots liscence
49) Learn to Surf
50) Learn to snowboard
51) participate in a triathalon
52) Do a beach clean up
53) Teach myself how to skateboard
54) Get back into a Karate Class
55) Delete Chris from facebook…. - done. and then un-done. long story.
56) Send a message in a bottle
57)Talk with an accent for an entire day
58) Spend the night in a random place.
59) Make friends with a complete stranger
61) Name a star after someone
62) Have someone to kiss on New Years
63) Learn how to make a mixtape
64) Learn how to customize a tumblr or myspace
65) Create a video Blog
66) Finally pay off my freaking car, or buy a new one.. - glory be.
67) Be a part of the audience for the jimmy kimmel show ( again. if they let me, ha!) I kind of got banned because I took my camera one time…. ;)
68) Go to the Comedy Club
69) Go Tidepooling with Andrew again
70) Watch every disney movie ever made
71) Throw a coin in a wishing well ( find a wishing well)
72) Spend the night in my car
73) Find a drive in Movie theater and watch a film
74) Watch all of sofia Coppolas and woody allens films
75) Attend fashion week in NY, London, Paris, Milan, and L.A.
76) Skip rocks across a lake/river/ocean
77) Find 20 things i like about myself
78) Be in another music video
79) Get a 3.0+ gpa every semester
80) Sing at an open mic night
81) Read a poem that I wrote in a coffee shop
82) Write a book
83) Start a band
84) Design something
85) Go Spurlonking!
86) be a kid again and play in the park
87) learn to use garage band
88) learn to play guitar hero and rock band!!
89) go to new orleans for mardi gras
90) take pictures of myself making goofy faces with band members
91) Meet william beckett
92) Walk in a fashion show
93) Go to a book signing for an author I like
94) Learn to drive a motorcycle
95) Reduce Myspace usage to once a week, seriously. - I no longer have a myspace.ha.
96) Throw out my Television
97) Attempt to sleep more~ hard to do when you have full blown insomnia
98) Feel better about the way that I look
99) Avoid hospitals~ meaning: no throwing up, no not eating, and no cutting!!
100) Take a trip to some place I’ve never been and allow myself to get lost: no freaking out allowed!!
101) Be happy.
well, I am nowhere near finished now am I? alright: time to make a revised list.
My Sister’s Boyfriend is going to propose to her when he gets back from Afghanistan.
He leaves Tomorrow and won’t be home for a while……
I’m happy She’s finally found a guy she loves:)
so on March 7th we are playing a free acoustic show with The Maine, The Summer Set and Runner Runner.. Here is the info!!
Saturday March 7th from 12-5PM @ The Smarpunk.com warehouse! 11783 Cardinal Circle, Garden Grove CA (located at the end of the street)..
It’s open to the public so come and bring everyone you know!
This week has been a very good week for me:) :) :) I’ve been hearing about all of these amazing shows. and the best part about this one: FREE!!!!
To watch Pinocchio right now….. :)
I was going to go to a concert tonight at the Key Club but then I started thinking and ended up completely changing my mind,here is why:
1) Parking is a bitch: los angeles and valet parking ( helloooo, parking costs more than the freaking concert!! that doesn’t seem right)
2) crazy L.A. drivers. I realize your stressed and just want to get home but pop a xanax or something instead of trying to run me over!! I’m from Ojai, I have no idea how the hell to survive in that sort of madness.
3) Sunset Strip all by my lonesome:( ( I’m old enough to drink and gamble but I don’t do either, and I hate being in L.A. alone at night, something about it always gives me the heebie jeebies, I swear I need to take an adventure out there during the day and just explore to sort of get rid of that feeling…. and I definitely need to get back into a Karate class!!)
4) I really want to see the jakes and TAI, so I figure this way, I’ m saving some money and in 2 weeks can see the other two concerts AND visit family while I’m down in the area…..
so the moral of the story is: I overthink EVERYTHING! I talk myself out of things way too easily, I’m still afraid of being alone in a big city ( wow, how will I survive NY???), and I really want something different….
P.S. anyone feel like going on an adventure in LALA LAND in the next few weeks?